Do you have thoughts swimming around in your head that keep you anxious and awake at night?
It might be time to focus more on exactly “what” you are thinking and why.
A thought download or “brain dump”, gets everything out of your head and onto paper.
Thoughts create our reality and we want to be aware of what we’re thinking.
We become self-aware and self-awareness involves monitoring our stress, thoughts, feelings, and beliefs.
How to do it!
- Get a piece of paper (and a pencil or pen) or use your favorite journal app such as Day One, which is a journal app that has the ability to sync and password protect each of your Apple devices with ready made templates, or you can create your own. Day Book works the same for Android devices.
- Set a timer and spend 5-10 minutes each day writing down your thoughts.
- Do not edit them and write until the time is up!
- Review the thoughts that don’t serve you and see if you can find better replacement thoughts.
- Become curious about your thoughts and if they’re true and what they mean.
A daily thought download is an excellent habit to start, if you haven’t already!
If your thoughts aren’t serving you, you have the power to choose better thoughts, it’s just takes practice.
Choosing better thoughts intentionally, will create better feelings, which will drive better actions and create better results.
We Can Train Our Brains!
We can train our brains on what to focus on and create better thoughts, by asking our brains good questions.
Our brains like to answer questions.
Asking our brains positive questions will get better answers, asking negative questions will produce negative thinking.
As a result, thinking better thoughts may improve sleep, reduce stress, keep you calmer, and will allow you to feel less anxious.
Creating a daily thought download is an excellent way to practice self-care!
In conclusion, thinking better thoughts will create a happier life!
TOPIC: How to Create a Daily Thought Download in 5 Easy Steps!
If you’d like help with learning how to create better thoughts, please set up a free mini coaching session. Visit the calendar below and click a date and time that works for you!
See you soon!