Did you grow up learning to never talk to strangers?
I have a friend who told me that she prefers speaking to strangers, which made me laugh.
She is so personable and great at starting conversations with strangers.
It’s so inspiring!
Talking to strangers is great because we can make unexpected connections.
Some feel that it’s easier to connect more with strangers than with friends and spouses.
Here are 3 reasons it’s easy to speak to strangers:
- It’s easy to be honest with someone you’ll never see again.
- We expect our spouses to understand us and read our minds, not so much with a stranger.
- With a stranger we start from scratch and we start from the beginning.
In the Ted Talk “Why You Should Talk to Strangers”, Kio Stark says she’s obsessed with talking to strangers.
Listen to more below:
Here are her 4 tips!
- Find someone who is making eye contact and start with a simple smile and see what happens.
- Find something you can both comment on, like art, or someone wearing funny clothes. See if it starts a conversation.
- Notice something about the person and give a compliment. Maybe say “you have nice shoes”.
- Next time you talk to a stranger and feel comfortable, tell them something true about yourself.
Do YOU like talking to strangers and do you find it easy? Please leave a comment!
TOPIC: Why It’s Easier Talking to Strangers Than Someone You Know!
Are you over 50 and looking to make new friends or improve existing friendships? If so, join my free Facebook Group!
If you are experiencing drama in your friendship and you would like coaching, you can book a coaching session by clicking on the calendar below.